What is a “sleep on”?
A “sleep on” allows you to arrive after 4:00 PM on the day before your departure. You will move onto your boat, but stay at the dock that night. In the morning of your departure you will be given your instructions. The cost is only $125, plus sales tax, per boat.
To avoid any misunderstandings we check all mechanical equipment prior to departure. You need not accept your boat and equipment until you are satisfied. However, once upon the river, you alone are responsible for its operation. Under these circumstances, we cannot be responsible for any loss of cruising time due to mechanical failure, weather, illness or personal accidents.
At 93 year young, Mr. Bill Clark, is our most loyal customer, having rented from S&S for 52 years.
- Sumerset and Sunstar houseboats require a $750 for a weekend and mid-week rental. The weekly rental requires a deposit of $1,000.
- Rentals of the Sharpe, Party Top Sharpe and Monticello houseboats require a $1,000 for a weekend and mid-week rental. The weekly rental requires a deposit of $1,250.
- Deposit is due within 5 days of making reservations. Your reservation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received within that time period. After we receive your deposit, a confirmation will be sent to you.
- Upon occupancy of the boat, the reservation deposit converts to a security deposit. This will not be subtracted from the rental fee. The security deposit will be refunded the day the boat is returned on time, undamaged, and the gas bill paid.
- Prior to departure, a lease agreement must be signed and rental fee paid in full including a 7% state tax.
- A 60-day or more written advance notice is required in order to claim a deposit refund, minus a 20% administrative fee. If you cancel with less than 60 days notice, S&S will transfer the entire deposit one time to any other date this year or next year on any model of houseboat. Subject to availability.
- Refunds will not be made on boats returned early or for late departures.
- Renter is financially responsible for loss, breakage or damages.
- Rental fees may be paid with MasterCard or Visa, certified or cashier’s checks, money orders, travel checks, or cash, No personal checks.
- Fuel tanks will be full when boat is rented and refilled at renter’s expense upon return.
- No guns or fireworks allowed.