You do not have to be an experienced boat operator. Prior to your departure, you’ll receive hands-on experience operating your houseboat on a check-out cruise. Your private instructor will acquaint you with the operation of the boat and the navigational charts. Click here for an introductory video.
All mechanical equipment is checked prior to departure. You need not accept your boat and equipment until you are satisfied. Once upon the river, you alone are responsible for its operation. Under these circumstances, we cannot be responsible for any loss of cruising time due to mechanical failure, weather, illness or personal accidents.
- 1) Deposits: All houseboat models require a $1,000 deposit for a weekend and mid-week rental.
- Deposits are due within 5 days of making a reservation. A confirmation will be sent when payment is received. Please note: Your reservation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received within the 5 day period.
- Upon occupancy of the boat, the “reservation deposit” is converted into a “security deposit.” It is NOT subtracted from the rental fee. Your deposit will be refunded as long as there boat is returned on time, undamaged, and the gas bill is paid.
- 2) Deposit Refund:
- Cancellations made 60 days prior to the day of your schedule departure will receive a fully refunded deposit.
- Cancellations made between 60 days and 30 days of your departure will receive deposit refund less 20%
- Cancellations made between 30 days and 1 week of your departure will receive deposit refund less 50%
- Cancellations made within 1 week of your departure will forfeit 100% of deposit.
- 3) Fees:
- Rental fees may be paid with MasterCard or Visa, certified or cashier’s checks, money orders, travel checks, or cash, NO personal checks.
- Prior to departure, a lease agreement must be signed and rental fee paid in FULL including a 7% state tax.
- Refunds will not be made on boats returned early or for late departures.
- Renter is financially responsible for loss, breakage or damages.
- 4) Fuel tanks will be full when boat is rented and refilled at renter’s expense upon return.
- 5) No check-outs after 2:00 PM on departure day.
- 6) No guns or fireworks allowed.
- 1) Deposits: Rental fee is charged up front to reserve your boat. A $500 damage deposit is held upon day of rental.
- If damage is found, your security deposit will be used as immediate payment towards those damages. Should the damage caused exceed the security deposit, the customer is responsible for the immediate full payment of the damages claimed by S & S Rentals. The cost of the damages will be determined at the sole discretion of S & S Rentals and payment is due and payable immediately by the customer.
- 2) Refunds/ Cancellations:
- There will be no refunds for early returns or late departures. Sorry
- 2 day notice is required to cancel a reservation.
- If less than 2 days notice is given, you credit card will be charged for your rental. If the weather is inclement, as agreed upon with S & S Rentals, the reservation may be cancelled without penalty.
- 3) Gas/ Oil Usage: All watercraft are full of gas when you leave and will be refueled upon your return. You will be charged for the gasoline and oil used. Rental prices quoted do not include gasoline, oil or sales tax.
- 5) All boats are required to stay in this pool. You are not allowed to “lock through. ”
- 6) Any boat reported or observed operating in an unsafe manner, will result in forfeiture of security deposit and rental fee!
- 7) All rentals are to be returned at agreed upon time or a charge of $100 per hour will be assessed for a late fee. Charged at 15 minute increments.